Off the Shelf IT Solutions - extrasThe articles, templates, diagrams, books and training that feature in these Extra pages are complementary to our book, Off the Shelf IT Solutions. They have been made freely available to download by author Martin Tate. The material is subject to BCS website terms and conditions.
If you don't already have a copy of this book, order a copy now
and get 20% discount with promotion code OTS2XT
Overview (with mapping to chapters)
This method diagram is in the introduction to the book. It provides a handy roadmap to the approach and therefore the associated templates.
- Articles (topics supporting the book's main approach)
- Templates for stage: Authorise project (chapter 3)
- Templates for stage: Requirement definition (chapters 4-5)
- Templates for stage: Evaluation and selection - longlist (chapters 6-7)
- Templates for stage: Evaluation and selection - shortlist (chapters 8-11)
- Templates for stage: Negotiation and contract (chapter 12)
- Checklists (chapter 14 and appendices)
- Further information (training and reading)
This practical book presents a proven decision-making process to help IT and business managers select the off-the-shelf software product that best fits the needs of their organisation. Suitable for all sectors, it offers a structured approach to managing stakeholders, requirements and candidate IT vendors.