EU GDPR - A pocket guide, second edition
By (author) Alan Calder
Publication date: 23 Oct 2018
EU GDPR – A Pocket Guide, second edition provides an accessible overview of the changes you need to make in your organisation to comply with the new law.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation unifies data protection across the EU. It applies to every organisation in the world that does business with EU residents.
The Regulation introduces a number of key changes for organisations – and the change from DPA compliance to GDPR compliance is a complex one.
This pocket guide sets out:
- A brief history of data protection and national data protection laws in the EU (such as the UK DPA, German BDSG and French LIL).
- The terms and definitions used in the GDPR, including explanations.
- The key requirements of the GDPR
- How to comply with the Regulation
- A full index of the Regulation, enabling you to find relevant Articles quickly and easily.
New for the second edition:
- Updated to take into account the latest guidance from WP29 and ICO.
- Improved guidance around related laws such as the NIS Directive and the future ePrivacy Regulation.
This guide is the ideal resource for anyone wanting a clear, concise primer on the EU GDPR. Buy your copy today.
Alan Calder, the founder and executive chairman of IT Governance Ltd, is an internationally acknowledged cyber security expert, and a leading author on information security and IT governance issues. He co-wrote the definitive compliance guide IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002, which is the basis for the Open University’s postgraduate course on information security, and has been involved in the development of a wide range of information security management training courses that have been accredited by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ). Alan has consulted on data security for numerous clients in the UK and abroad, and is a regular media commentator and speaker.
Print ISBN-13: 9781787780644
1: A Brief History of Data Protection
2: Terms and Definitions
3: The Regulation
4: Complying with the Regulation
5: Index of the Regulation
6: EU GDPR Resources