Chief Information Security Officer
Careers in information security
By (author) Rob Newby, Adrian Davis
Publication date: 17 Aug 2020Chief information security officers (CISOs) are responsible for aligning security initiatives with enterprise strategy, programmes and business objectives, and are vital in organisational asset and data protection, risk management and business continuity processes. This practical book details the role of CISO in organisations, including responsibilities, required and desirable skills, industry standards and frameworks relevant to the role, career progression opportunities and case studies. The checklists and pragmatic tips in every chapter will help you get to grips with the role and prepare you for success.
Imprint: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- Why Does The Chief Information Security Officer Role Exist?
- The Chief Information Security Officer
- Tools, Methods and Techniques
- Career Progression and Related Roles
- A Day In The Life of a Chief Information Security Officer