Writing for Social Media
By (author) Carrie Marshall
Publication date: 12 Nov 2018Engaging with customers through social media is essential for businesses in this day and age. Writing for social media is different to standard business writing and it can be difficult to get right. Even big brands can get it very wrong. This book walks you through how to deliver maximum benefit for your business through your social media writing. Topics include how to develop a consistent online persona, how to tailor your messages across different social media platforms, how to appeal to your core audience, and useful tools to help you craft and monitor your posts. The dark side of social media is also explored, with examples of social media writing gone wrong, tips on how this can be avoided and advice on how best to handle online criticism.
Print ISBN-13: 9781780174501
Ebook ISBN-13: 9781780174525
Imprint: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- What is Social Media?
- Know What You Want To Achieve
- Different Strokes For Different Folks
- Who Are You?
- Big Ideas In Small Spaces
- How To Write For Social Media on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and The Rest
- How To Write Things People Want To Share
- Ready! Fire! Aim! 13 Mistakes To Avoid When Creating Social Media Content
- Timing is Everything: When To Post To Social Media
- Everyone's Offended: When Businesses' Social Media Posts Go Badly Wrong
- Do Not Feed The Trolls: How To Handle Online Unpleasantness
- Tools of the Trade: From Apps To Analytics
- Appendix: The Top 11 Social Networks People Are Actually Using
Mick Phythian MBCS CITP
Research Associate, Centre for Computing & Social Responsibility, De Montfort University