EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), third edition
An Implementation and Compliance Guide
By (author) IT Governance
Publication date: 31 Oct 2019
All organisations – wherever they are in the world – that process the personal data of EU residents must comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Failure to do so could cost them up to €20 million or 4% of annual global turnover in fines, whichever is greater.
Now in its third edition, EU GDPR – An Implementation and Compliance Guide is a clear and comprehensive book providing detailed commentary on the Regulation.
Read this book to learn about:
- The purpose of the GDPR and its key definitions;
- The DPO (data protection officer) role, including whether you need one and what they should do;
- Risk management and DPIAs (data protection impact assessments), including how, when and why to conduct one;
- Data subjects’ rights, including consent and the withdrawal of consent, DSARs (data subject access requests) and how to handle them, and data controllers and processors’ obligations;
- International data transfers to ‘third countries’, including guidance on adequacy decisions and appropriate safeguards, the EU-US Privacy Shield, international organisations, limited transfers and Cloud providers; and
- How to adjust your data protection processes to comply with the GDPR, and the best way of demonstrating that compliance.
This guide is a perfect companion for anyone managing a GDPR compliance project. It explains the changes you need to make to your data protection and information security regimes and tells you exactly what you need to do to avoid severe financial penalties.
Start your compliance journey now and buy this book today.
IT Governance is a leading global provider of IT governance, risk management and compliance expertise, and we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver a broad range of integrated, high-quality solutions that meet the real-world needs of our international client base.
Our privacy team, led by Alan Calder, has substantial experience in privacy, data protection, compliance and information security. This practical experience, and our understanding of the background and drivers for the GDPR, as well as the input of our fast-growing team of consultants and trainers, are combined in this manual to provide this must-have guide to GDPR compliance.
Print ISBN-13: 9781787781917
Chapter 1: Scope, controllers and processors
Chapter 2: Six data processing principles
Chapter 3: Data subjects’ rights
Chapter 4: Privacy compliance frameworks
Chapter 5: Information security as part of data protection
Chapter 6: Lawfulness and consent
Chapter 7: Subject access requests
Chapter 8: Role of the data protection officer
Chapter 9: Data mapping
Chapter 10: Requirements for data protection impact assessments
Chapter 11: Risk management and DPIAs
Chapter 12: Conducting DPIAs
Chapter 13: Managing personal data internationally
Chapter 14: Incident response management and reporting
Chapter 15: GDPR enforcement
Chapter 16: Transitioning and demonstrating compliance
Appendix 1: Index of the Regulation
Appendix 2: EU/EEA national supervisory authorities
Appendix 3: Implementation FAQ
IT Governance resources